Monday, May 20, 2013

just married!


Well, I've successfully just had the best day of my life, and I don't think anything could possibly ever top it.  It was just married to my best friend for time and all eternity, and had the absolute dream wedding to celebrate it.  A day I'd dreamt of my entire life turned out to be about a thousand times better than I ever could have imagined it.  I've never, ever, ever been happier. 


The night before, Andrea threw me an amazing bachelorette party. All the bridesmaids and I stayed overnight at a hotel in Salt Lake and it was a blast!  What better way to spend my last night as a single woman than having a sleepover with all my best friends? Sipping on Shirley Temples, taking photo shoots in bathrobes and bridesmaid sashes, giggling and reminiscing all night long. It was the best. 


The next morning we had all the time in the world to get up and get ready. With a 1:40 sealing, we could sleep in, eat breakfast, and leisurely get ready together. It was awesome. My hair stylist came to our hotel room and did my hair while I did my makeup and sipped on a jamba. Straight spoiled. It was the perfect, stress-free morning. 






After we all got ready, the girls sent me off with my handsome husband-to-be...and we drove off to go get married :)


As if I haven't said it enough, everything was flawless. The temple was perfect. I loved sitting in the celestial room together before we were sealed.  It was beyond gorgeous, and I loved the quiet time we had together before our day got crazy with festivities. The sealing was awesome.  Our sealer was incredible and all our friends and family were there.  It was pure bliss to feel of their love as we were all gathered together in the temple.  I've never been filled with more peace and joy in my entire life.













Next, was the luncheon! It was awesome. In addition to our parents' sweet messages and tributes, the TALK of the day was the little presentation by the nieces and nephews! Stacy and Amy put together this adorable little video of "marriage advice" for Ryan and I, and oh. my. gosh. it was HILARIOUS!  We were all dying, it was so darling. 




Finally, it was reception time! I loved finally having all the bridal party in their matching outfits with bouquets and boutonnières and taking all those pictures- such a fun part of a wedding. I loved the anticipation of getting the reception all ready, but once it started, it was even better! Everything ran perfectly smoothly. From the receiving line, to cutting the cake, to the dancing, to the bouquet toss off the balcony, to the sparkler send off- everything was PERFECT.























As if I hadn't been planning my wedding for years, it turned out even better than I could have imagined... More than anything, because of the guy standing next to me. He is truly the most incredible person I've ever met, and I couldn't feel more honored to be his wife. I am so in love and so grateful for all the happiness and joy Ive been blessed with in my life. Now onto life as the new Mr. and Mrs. Bench!



1 comments:

Sara Turner said...

Such a fun day with a beautiful bride! Share those bachelorette pictures!