Wednesday, August 21, 2013

final days in provo

Ever since I can remember, my family was pegged the "BYU family" of the ward.  We hosted the BYU football parties and made frequent trips to Provo to visit campus, go to games, buy all sorts of BYU garb, and eat BYU creamery ice cream. We were raised on the "BYU Fight Song" and dressed up as "BYU Cheerleaders" for what seemed like every Halloween. We were THE BYU FAMILY.




Since day one, it was my DREAM to go to BYU.  Growing up in an area where there weren't very many members, it was always my desperate goal to be surrounded by other kids who shared my same values and beliefs.  Maybe we were a little extreme at times, but hey- it motivated me to work hard in school, get good grades, and be ultra involved in extra curricular activities to bulk up my application.

When I got my acceptance letter, I cried. 

My BYU experience has done nothing but exceed all expectations, hopes and dreams.  From the wonderful friends I've made, the amazing experiences I've had, to the incredible opportunities that have opened up to me, it's been almost too good to be true.

Here's just a little tribute to the best 5 years of my life...

Freshman roommates at Helaman Halls
Football games
The Malt Shop
The original 4 roommates
Provo River rafting
Intramural games
Temple Square Christmas lights
Hiking the Y
This view.
This Lovesac.
Folk Dance
Nauvoo Tour
Dance Camps
Moab
Squaw Peak
Arches National Park


Cosmo
Christmas Around the Worl
Snow tubing
Timpanogos Caves
Deer Creek
Jet skiing


Zion's National Park
Angel's Landing
Cedar Breaks
Midway Crater
Mona rope swings
California roadtrips
Huntington Beach
Six Flags
Packages from Mom



 Touring with the International Folk Dance Ensemble




Meeting this guy :)

Although I did become very ready to be done as I reached the end, and I do feel very ready to move on, I'm sure gonna miss this place! I will always look back on my BYU experience and everything in it with the best of memories.  An absolute dream come true.

No matter what Ryan says, we will be a BYU family too :)


3 comments:

McKenna said...

Aww this post almost made me cry! We are...zoobies! Thanks for the reminiscing Lisa!

Marcieparson said...

oh I love this!

Eric and Kaitlyn Gourley said...

This is so adorable. I miss you so much and am excited for what the future holds for your next stage in life!